Register for Services
To receive disability services, you must provide documentation verifying the disability and your need for accommodations. Verification information typically includes, but is not limited to:
- A clear diagnosis from a qualified professional
- Description of evaluation methods
- Current limitations in the academic setting
- Description of current/past accommodations
- Medications and possible side effects
- Possible accommodations needed
To Register for Services
- Complete and submit the Accessibility Services Registration Form (can be found on Form Central in My Cougar Connection).
- Submit documentation to verify your disability.
- Schedule a meeting with Student Accessibility Services staff prior to the beginning of classes, or as soon as possible if classes have already begun. (Meeting will be a phone, in-person interview or on Microsoft Teams.)
- Pick up your accommodation information (“Confidential Student Summary”) from the Academic and Career Development Center. Do this at the start of every subsequent semester
- Meet with your professors/instructors during their office hours as soon as possible to discuss your accommodations.
Note: If you need additional support or are not receiving an accommodation, contact Geneva Burgess, Coordinator of Student Accessibility, at 260-399-8065 or [email protected].