Register for Services
To receive disability services, you must provide documentation verifying the disability and your need for accommodations. Verification information typically includes, but is not limited to:
- A clear diagnosis from a qualified professional
- Description of evaluation methods
- Current limitations in the academic setting
- Description of current/past accommodations
- Medications and possible side effects
- Possible accommodations needed
To Register for Services
- Complete and submit the Student Disability Services Registration Form.
- Submit documentation to verify your disability.
- Schedule a meeting with Student Disability Services staff prior to the beginning of classes, or as soon as possible if classes have already begun. (Meeting will be a phone or in-person interview.)
- Pick up your accommodation information (“Confidential Student Summary”) from the Student Success and Academic Advising Center. Do this at the start of every subsequent semester
- Meet with your professors/instructors during their office hours as soon as possible to discuss your accommodations.
Forms and documentation can be submitted any of the following ways:
- In person to the Student Success and Academic Advising Center: Room 210 in the Pope John Paul II Center
- Scanned and emailed to Geneva Burgess, Coordinator of Disability Services, at email@example.com.
- Mailed to:
Student Success and Academic Advising Center
University of Saint Francis
2701 Spring Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Attn: Geneva Burgess
Note: If you need additional support or are not receiving an accommodation, contact Geneva Burgess, Coordinator of Disability Services, at 260-399-8065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.